NEI performed a plumbing study to document the campus piping system and develop as-built documents to identify potential Legionella causing dead legs on the potable water distribution system.
- This was a multi-phase operation that required NEI to access each floor, room, corridor, and area in 16 buildings totatling 997,000 SF.
- Environmental services included testing and design abatement and remediation of asbestos and lead.
- Identified 1,383 dead legs
- 320 day design completion schedule
- Night/weekend work to minimize interruption of patient care
Northport, NY VA Medical Center